- Component Guide
Main namespace for Vehicle Physics Pro components and scripts.
Minimum components required for simulating a vehicle in Vehicle Physics Pro.
- Vehicle simulation and setup for most types of vehicles.
- Replacement to the standard WheelCollider component.
Components for handling the camera, point of view, control modes...
- Controls a camera offering the typical camera modes: fixed, follow, orbit, etc.
- Defines how the camera controller should take this specific vehicle.
Components for configuring the ground materials and their properties.
- Provides grip and drag setup for the physic materials in the scene.
- Renders skid marks and wheel trails for a given ground material type.
- Controls a ParticleSystem component for a given ground material type.
Add-on components for processing the vehicle input (throttle, brake, steer, ...)
- Reads Unity's standard Input and applies it to the vehicle.
- Reads the input from a DirectInput device and applies it to the vehicle (Windows only).
- Reads the input from a XBox controller and applies it to the vehicle (Windows only).
- Reads the input from another vehicle and applies it to current one. Useful for passive vehicles such as trailers.
Replay allows to record a vehicle and reproduce the exact sequence.
- Provides record and replay capabilities to the vehicle.
- Provides high-level methods and hot keys for controlling the replay component of a vehicle.
Add-on components for displaying the vehicle's internal data.
- Shows detailed information in runtime on the vehicle.
- A realtime chart exposing the vehicle state in a variety of aspects. Useful for fine tunning.
- Adds a set of custom charts to VPPerformanceDisplay for diagnosing specific situations.
- Draws a chart with the suspension forces.
- Shows each wheel's downforce in the scene as solid cones.
Add-on components for improving the suspension behavior.
- Provides roll stabilization.
- Dynamically adjusts the suspension spring in a set of wheels based on the cumulative load.
- Progressively increases the suspension spring based on the contact depth.
Add-on components that implement specific dynamic behaviors.
- Applies aerodynamic drag and downforce to the vehicle's body.
- Applies rolling resistance to the wheels based on the wheel load.
- Modifies the tire friction curve in a specific wheel or axle.
- Simulates a sloshing liquid in a confinement tank.
- Link two rigidbodies together applying specific constraints.
Add-on components providing a variety of visual and audio effects in the vehicle.
- Implements audio effects for engine, wheels, skid sounds, impacts, etc-
- Deforms the vehicle as for impacts. May be configured for affect the handling as well.
- Implements inertial movement for the first-person view.
- A speed gauge with different speed scales.
- Triggers the tire marks and particle effects based on the actual ground material and the state of the tire.
- Provides steering wheel rotation, lights and other visual effects.
Advanced / Experimental
- Building brick for AI systems.
- Helper for storing and applying different configuration sets.
- Controller for two-wheeled vehicles such as bikes and motorcycles.
- A really simple custom vehicle built with VPP blocks.
- Control script for SimpleVehicleController.
- A simple track/caterpillar based vehicle controller.
- Control script for SimpleTrackController.
- Measures lap and sector times.
- Mark for sectors and start/finish line.
- Detects shortcuts and speed cheating.
- Detection point in the vehicle.
- Applies brakes in the vehicle so it leaves the zone at a given speed.
- Controls a Projector component for drawing a vehicle's shadow.
- Set the center of mass in generic rigidbodies (not vehicles). Examples: cargo, attachments, scene objects...
- Controls the steering via VPStandardInput component keeping vehicle following a direction.
- Applies a simple cyclic movement to an object. Useful for dynamics tests.
- Limits throttle so the vehicle doesn't surpass the given speed.
- Configures mass and center of mass among two values and positions.
Generic tools and utilities for Unity