GIT Repository Setup
The Professional and Enterprise licenses include access to the GIT repository.
As Professional or Enterprise licensee you should have received credentials for accessing the repositories. You can log-in at projects.edy.es/login.
- Vehicle Physics Pro is the main project.
- Common Tools core is a submodule with common tools and scripts.
- Vehicle Physics core is the submodule that actually contains the latest vehicle physics scripts only.
- Vehicle Physics core assets is a submodule with common objects, materials and textures used across different vehicle physics projects.
Configuring the SSH public keys
The submodules are accessed via ssh, so it's highly recommend to set up the ssh public keys in your account. Otherwise, you would need to modify the file .submodules for http access.
Generate the ssh keys. Follow the steps 1 to 3 at the GitHub's step-by-step guide for generating ssh keys.
Add the ssh public key to your account.
Test your connection. Open Git Bash, then enter:
$ ssh -T firstname.lastname@example.org
The first time you will receive a warning. Reply Yes. You should then see this:
Welcome to Repository Hosting's Git Server. You have been successfully authenticated. However you cannot connect directly with SSH, you must use the 'git' command.
Your connection via SSH is now correct. Proceed to the next step, cloning the VPP project.
Cloning the VPP project
Open Git Bash.
cd to a folder of your choice, then enter:
$ git clone --depth=1 ssh://email@example.com/edy/vehicle-physics-pro.git
Fetch and update the submodules:
$ cd vehicle-physics-pro $ git submodule update --init --recursive
Now you can open the project at the folder vehicle-physics-pro with Unity 5.
Importing the Blender 3D models
Some 3D objects in the repository are in Blender format (.blend). These models require Blender installed to be imported properly. I recommend Blender 2.76b, as some recent versions seem to fail on importing .blend files in Unity.
Upgrading to the latest revision
This is also necessary after checking out any branch or revision in the main repository.
$ git pull --recurse-submodules $ git submodule update --init --recursive
Continuous Integration systems
If you're using a CI system such as TeamCity, ensure to set the refresh interval to a reasonable rate. 1-2 times per day is enough for VPP repositories (12 hours = 720 minutes = 43200 seconds).
Downloading as ZIP files
Alternatively to you may download the source code as zipped archives. Log in at your account and open the repository's GitWeb URL:
Then click the first zip link for downloading the source code from the latest snapshot:
Do the above procedure for every required repository:
- Vehicle Physics Pro: main Unity project.
- Common Tools core: put the files inside the folder "Assets/Core/Common Tools core"
- Vehicle Physics core: put the files inside the folder "Assets/Core/Vehicle Physics core"
- Vehicle Physics core assets: put the files inside the folder "Assets/Core/Vehicle Physics core assets"
Now you can open the project in Unity.