Vehicle Physics Pro
Advanced vehicle simulation kit for Unity 3D providing fully realistic and accurate vehicle physics.
Project under development: Beta stage
Beta stage means the project is mature and bug-free enough to be used in actual projects, but some features are yet to be developed and issues might appear. Main code is not expected to have significant changes. Still, everything is provided as is without any warranty.
- Some components and scripts are yet to be written or completed.
- Some features are yet to be implemented. See the Roadmap below.
- This documentation is being actively written and updated. Some pages are yet to be completed.
Early Access to Vehicle Physics Pro is now available with the Professional and Enterprise licenses. Learn more
Stay tunned! Follow me @VehiclePhysics on Twitter for the latest news and announcements.
Some vehicle 3D Models were kindly donated by Trevor Ley and Eric Adams.
Spa-Francorchamps track gently offered by Jasper Stocker, from the Track BuildR asset.
- Advanced AAA+ vehicle physics simulation
Built around an accurate physics solver providing realistic results for all vehicle types and setups. The precision of the numeric results depends on the integration steps only.
- Modular powertrain design
Vehicle dynamics core is implemented with functional blocks with inputs and/or outputs that can be connected in any number and combination. Any vehicle setup can be emulated by arranging and connecting blocks. VPP includes standard vehicle blocks such as engine, clutch, gearbox, differential, torque splitter, and more.
- Advanced wheel and tire friction simulation
Provides accurate friction values in all situations. All torques acting in the wheel are properly combined resulting in accurate tire forces and correctly calculated wheel spin rate.
- Realistic and coherent
The underlying concept is a custom vehicle simulation model based on essential physics facts: forces, torques and frictions. This model is easier to understand and simpler to calculate than the commonly used models, yet providing physically accurate and realistic results.
Base: Tire friction, solver, modular torque model
Engine + clutch
Driveline and axle setup
Repository clean up and upgrade to Unity 5
Minor bug fixes and code polishing
Scenes and vehicles for tests
Enter the Beta stage!
Generic steering wheels support (DirectInput)
Replay system with rewind & continue
Unified demo scene
First public release!
Complete the documentation
Anisotropic tire friction
Feedback is welcome!
- General usage, workflow, integration in current projects.
- Simulation: components, settings, behavior.
- Documentation: things you would want to learn, know about, or are not fully understood.
- Documentation: typo and grammar fixes.
My most sincere gratitude to these great artists who contributed or are contributing in some way with Vehicle Physics Pro:
- Trevor Ley (JPickup)
- Jasper Stocker (Spa-Francorchamps, Stunt Track)
- HereVR (APC)
- Dog Machine (Multi-purpose Exploration Vehicle)
- GameReady 3D (Sound files)
- Eric Adams (Super car, Tuner car)